Medical Assisting Program
Program Title: Medical Assistant Program
The objective of this program is to prepare the student for employment as an entry-level Medical Assistant performing administrative, clerical, and clinical duties within the health care field. Graduates from the Medical Assistant Program will have a working knowledge of all administrative duties including scheduling, billing, and coding, as well as clinical duties including phlebotomy, ECGs, injections, vital signs monitoring, handling emergencies, and assisting practices in daily operations. Graduates will be eligible to find entry-level employment in a medical office, hospital, and or other health care facility as a medical clinical assistant, receptionist, lab assistant, X-ray technician, or medical records clerk.
- Must be at least 18+ years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED or pass a Wonderlic SLE aptitude test
- Have all immunizations and health records current and up-to-date
- Must be able to pass a criminal check background and a drug test
- Copy of BLS/CPR certification.
Length of program: 36 weeks
Upon completion of the class, the student will sit for the national certification exams either by NCCT or NHA.